Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Messy Monday - #1

 Let me tell you some things about my friend, Carolyn.  She has a background in special education.  She is the mother of three boys.  Her parents have a great big backyard that they are willing to let us invade.  She is very awesome.  All of these facts came together and the result: Messy Mondays!  I am so thankful for Carolyn and her creativity and willingness to put these things together.  
Messy Mondays are exactly what they sound like - a bunch of my mama friends getting together on a Monday for the kids to do something messy.  It's great for me, since I am not inclined to be a very messy mama, so it gets me out of my box so to speak, and I'm sure my kids appreciate it.
We had our first Messy Monday this week and the kids had a great time.  Our messy activity was shaving cream painting!
Enjoy...

 Adam was a little reluctant at first - he's always been more of an investigator than a dive-right-in kind of guy.
 

 Once I put some shaving cream on my hand to show him, though, he was on board.


Clara really surprised me with her enthusiasm.  She started off playing on the blanket with the other babies.  After a bit, I brought her over to see what the big kids were doing and once she saw that she said, "enough of this baby stuff...I want to get messy!"
This was only the beginning...
  

 Then she dove right in!  After this point, I could no longer get her to look at the camera as she was completely focused on the task at hand.
  

"This is awesome!"

"Oh no, what have I done?"
  

 Afterwards, the kids played in the water to clean off.  This is more Adam's kind of activity and he loved this part.
  

Again, Clara surprised me.  Normally she isn't a huge fan of water that sprays, but she was totally into this.
I'd say our first Messy Monday was a success!  Stay tuned for future messes  :)


No comments: